11 March 2012

Sunday Meditation #18: Time Away from Love

Struggling in the midst of chores, I wonder: why do we spend so much time not doing that which we love to do? How is it that the balance of life always tilts away from the heart?

It is the reason this meditation is so short.  I was so caught up in maintenance I had little time for wonder.  There is so much more I wanted to write about, but it wasn't meant to be.

If I could, I would write most of the time.  I would imagine great things, and then sweep the floor.

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, money drives everything: the pursuit of it, the dissemination of it, the efforts to hang on to some of it.

    As long as I had places I had to be at least four times a week (I get lazy easily), I would want to write as well, wandering about between thoughts, putting my dishes away and dead-heading flowers.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can still imagine great things, even while sweeping the floor.

    Domestic goddess I most certainly am not, but I've learned to look at my chores as a weird form of meditation. Housework is such drudgery, it frees the mind; some of my best ideas have come with the roar of the vacuum, or the swish of the broom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more- chores are a bore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You speak a lot of truth here. Thanks for stopping by. Always great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...