14 September 2010

Language Barrier

Bard I am not, when the language
is love and the talk is of amour
Words I know, having read the dictionary
but phrases I cannot string together

Homily on love, you ask?
I think not, god, the doubt
The dizzying want, the parted lips,
Wine turning into vinegar

Knowing a little of the language,
Is it worse than none at all?
To speak of passion, hurl an insult,
Yet not truly touch the heart?

I said I am not a poet, nor can I sing,
at least not well, hunched in the dark
hovering over the tattered hymnal, breathing.
Arias the shadows of my inamorata

6 comments:

  1. I like the one a ton!!! Miss seeing you around Mr. Gumbo!!! I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your word shakes bring all the girls to the yard...

    shake on, shaman

    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methinks this fine man is indeed a Bard, weaver of words that touch hearts and souls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunched over something in the dark is never a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would rather know a little of the language than never to have had a word of it cross my lips.

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...