29 July 2011

What Do I Know About Love?

I have written often of love in these here annals of Irish Gumbo.  It is a theme I return to, again and again, because it vexes me and fascinates me and ultimately, is what I seek in life.  So I sometimes believe myself to be quite the learned one when it comes to the underpinnings and effects of love.  The danger in that is I may start to believe that I know a lot about the subject.  And the danger in that, is I will come to believe that I have nothing left to learn about love.

Fortunately, this is not true.  There is much dross on love in the blogosphere, but there is also pure gold.  I was reminded of this today, when through the good graces of a friend I was pointed in the direction of posts most delightful, on the subject of love and writing.  They were touching, sad, beautiful and elegantly uplifting.  They were written by That Gentleman's Lady on her blog It's A Funny Old Life, one I am glad came to my attention through comments on the Gumbo.

I recommend you read these:  How I ended up visiting a tree and The blackest of inks. Please pay her a visit.

It's amazing.  It's serious good.  And I learned something new about love.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! She totally deserves you sending folks to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww shucks *blushes*

    Why, thank you Gumbo :D And Leslie :D for your sweet sweet words.

    You've definitely made me smile today. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is depending on where we all are at the moment, what we put ino it changes.

    I`ll wisit her blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to consider myself quite knowledgeable in relationships to which love is a part. I'm always looking for fresh perspectives. Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The journey you just sent me on sent shivers down my spine. As i read along something was bothering me. I felt it creeping along my subconscious. And then i got it...he died...

    What an extraordinary writer.

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...