24 September 2011

Living In The Synapse

An odd phenomenon here on the People's Republic of Gumbolia.  I had approached the computer with vigor and purpose, certain I had a gem of story to tell, and when I sat down to write it, it disappeared.  This pleases me not.  I felt no need to reach for a notebook, because I was convinced the story would make it to the page.

I was wrong.  I should have known better.

This happens to me on a regular basis, that I have a great idea, only to have it vanish.  Well, who knows if it was great, if I can't write it down for all to see.  Not to worry, I suppose.  It's Saturday, the weekend is in full swing.  Perhaps I'll live a little...then come back to tell the tale.

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens to me. It's usually exhaustion that numbs my brain and stifles my creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I've been having that happen this week with blog posts.

    And yes to living a little :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I broke my laptop, and it's helped my writing. Because now I need to write my ideas down on paper. With a pen. Preferably felt-tip.

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...