26 September 2010

Taking Three

Walk in the woods
Escaping from you
yet the trees: my cathedral
not thinking: my Mass

I gave you five minutes
to get out of my head
Should have been three, yes?
You like threes

Threes are nice, but not all the time
Like today, the third day running.
From you, from creation,
because I beseech, unheard.

Green gold light on decayed trees,
lost in beauty undeniable,
a voice on the breeze
asking what's wrong

Startled glance overhead,
searching the gaps between leaves,
saying, the problem is not belief
The problem is faith.

6 comments:

  1. I envy your way with words my friend. You don't need a camera to create beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you believe you are halfway there...
    Keeping faith strong is difficult, it's constantly being tested, tempted, tweaked...
    but don't lose it, man
    it's all you got

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very nice. sunday, the day to rest from all the stuff that rolls around in our gray matter. good piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do good things happen in threes? I heard not. Five is probably better.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was really good for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff, brother. Sorry I'm late to it.

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...