16 April 2011

Cough

Television off, and the radio,
this house a temple tonight
not a mausoleum

A heart's distance away
she lies asleep and dreaming
with me awake and wishing

Breath sounds, softly below
a train horn muffled through walls
keeping cold out and love in

She coughs, my heart races,
wondering at the cause,
sheets rustle, small angelic sigh

the world becomes sacred

Ladies and gentlemen, if my math is correct, this is my 200th consecutive post in 200 days. I don't know how I arrived here...it's been a long, strange trip. Whew.

8 comments:

  1. Pretty one. 200 in 200? Kudos. What to post for me too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you slay me
    absolutely angelic and heart tugging
    and have I told how much I adore the tag
    My God Shes Full Of Stars?
    prolly.

    And dude?
    I want a face-full of your header...
    heh-heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. 200 posts in so many days. Way to go Gumbo.
    Great poem. Just how I feel about my 'Lil Miss.
    Thanks for sharing. Means a lot.

    Jason
    The Cheeky Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. the love you have for your little one is a beautiful thing. you are both blessed.

    200 in 200? I'd say this blogging thing works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff.waiting to see you both on the 19th

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done you! of late, i can't even put 200 words together. *sigh* xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 200th post. That is a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...