28 April 2011

Was That A Flying Pig That Just Crossed A Blue Moon?

Weird goings-on here in Casa DeL Gumbo.  The television is on. And it isn't the news hour.

Seriously.  Not only is it not news, it isn't a documentary, a food show or a sitcom.

Nope, what I am watching is...sports.  Specifically, hockey.  Stanley Cup playoffs, Game 7, between the Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins.  Its tied 2 -2 at the moment, halfway through the third period.

Good lord, man, I haven't watched any sports for more than highlight clips in...well, I can't remember how long.

(pause)  Sort of cheap shot by a Bruins defenseman on a Canadien player.

Well, then...I'll root for the Habs.  And keep an eye out for more of those flying pigs.

Epilogue:  They lost. Dangit.

5 comments:

  1. Honey, I crossed that Blue Moon years ago when my son became a Devils Hockey fan ... I have a hard time getting hockey re-runs in Buenos Aires but I do relate to your post ... besos from way down here ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of that old joke, 'I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.'

    Good stuff, Gumby!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sports, dude. I see it when I am changing channels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is only one sport I watch with any regularity and it, well, it's close to religion.

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...