10 November 2008

Sinbad and Mackenzie Phillips

Hey everyone, guess whose birthday it is? Go ahead, guess!

HA! It's MINE! Wooo-hooo, Gogumboityabirthday, Whoot thereitizz, woop!

(The sound of a needle scraping across the record)

It has been brought to my attention that I share a birthday with Sinbad and Mackenzie Phillips. As The Spouse put it so cheerily this morning at breakfast, "You share a birthday with a washed-up comedian and a drug addict! Great company!"

Gee. Thanks. No self-esteem crisis here. No sir. And I am not OLD.

It really would have looked like a brush fire. Don't let two candles fool you.

On the other hand, the Wee Lass presented me with my first present of the day while I was eating breakfast. "Happy Birthday, daddy" she said hands behind her back, "Here's your present!" It was a brand new iPod Classic, black and silver. She's a good kid.

Now I'm going to go play with my new toy. DJ Gumbo is in the house!


1 comment:

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...