30 May 2009

ImLateImLateImLate...and a tad lazy

Shame on me.

I am a sinner. It's true, I can't deny it.

I have been inattentive and lazy. Which I guess would be sloth(?). Certainly not gluttony or anger.

More folks have been kind to me, and I got so wrapped up in other earthly concerns, I neglected to say thank you to those fine folks.

I know, I know, my little lambs, I have strayed from the flock. But I lay myself down in front of you all to ask to return to the fold. I'm here to 'fess up. My penance begins now:

REQUEST FOR FORGIVENESS #1:
I have been awardamacated again, and I am most grateful. The lovely and intrepid Kat over at 3 Bedroom Bungalow To Let In Crazytown was kind enough to bestow upon me a "Most Wonderful Favorite" award last week, in THIS POST. Her writeup left me with my jaw on the table and a tear in my eye. Please stop by and give her a read and some comment luv. Her take on living the military family life is sharp, clear, wry and just plain funny. Tell her I sent you.




REQUEST FOR FORGIVENESS #2:

I regret that I haven't been able to talk to my friend Mama Dawg over at Two Dogs Running as much as I would like, as of late. She's always sweet, charming and a real hoot (plus has an adorable daughter and a blind cat), and I make it a point to read her blog whenever I can get the colander I call my brain to think. So it was a bit of a surprise when I finally saw HER POST on friendship. In that post, she said this:

"To Irish Gumbo: Thank you. Thank you for listening. Thank you for trusting me with your stories. Thank you for being there. I mean for really being there."

Gulp. Sniff. I was speechless. What a lovely thing to say.

In my frenzy to get through life, make it to the end of the day with sanity reasonably intact, sometimes my blinders are too big. I forget that there are a lot of lovely people out there who are helping me stay in the race. And I will do well to take more time to realize that, and give thanks.

To Kat and Mama Dawg, you have my heartfelt thanks for keeping me grounded.

10 comments:

  1. I too seem to fall in and out of blogdom. Welcome back - I am sorry to report that I didn't know you were gone due to my absence... (o;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I never considered you gone. Just busy!

    Peace - Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to keep up with all the favorites!! So many great ones to visit. I started taking weekends off from posting to have more time to visit my friends and look around.

    I will be trying the vanilla in my sugar for coffee. This sounds wonderful!!!

    And... we have coyotes in our woods behind my house and red fox. You would think that I lived in a nature preserve, but I have a creek behind my house. Have water - get animals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a super sweet post. I think we all can find ourselves a litte in awe at the wonderful people we meet in such odd places in the interwebs!

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all need breaks sometimes. And you shouldn't have to apologize for that. But it does take a real man to be able to own it and apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on you Most Wonderful Favorite award. How awesomely super fantastic!

    ;)

    - Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is this hit me with your rhythm stick business? The only people I hit are my children...er...

    Anyway, glad you're back whenever it is you have time to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where you on your knees when you typed this :) I am always looking forward to reading you, just lurk, and not always commenting...BTW I need to see if your ready to host one day while I am on vacation after 6/10...going to a ho-down in Texas, and not that kind of convention, lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Working, blogging,tapping the creative side, and keeping up with new friends (and old) is a big juggle most days. I would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I'm guilty of envy. You do an awful lot with words, even in short passages, and for that I'm jealous. I should work harder and practice my hobby more diligently. But it's really much easier to be envious! Sloth AND envy...ugh.

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...