08 May 2011

I Like To Sing-a, About The Spring-a...

For the first time in too long I managed a solo photo outing today, in the morning.  The weather here was uncommonly beautiful.  The sun shining and breeze blowing guaranteed I would be out of the house for a while.  So I flipped a mental coin: cut grass vs. walk through the park by the river.

The river won.

The coin must have known what I needed.  I arrived at the park relatively early, so there were fewer people than usual for such a good weather day.  Aside from a few gaggles of bikers and some rather attractive female runners (another Ponytail Files report, perhaps) I had the trail mostly to myself.  It was wonderful.

I found myself taking fewer pictures than I normally do.  The light, the sounds of birds and water were so entrancing there was little pressure to get that perfect shot.  I let it go and existed in the moment. To my mind, that is a fine definition of a great day, no matter how one views it.  Spring, tonic for the soul.

Something else that is tonic for the soul: moms. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Making the world go 'round since forever...

3 comments:

  1. sounds enchanting...I'm so glad the River won. What if it hadn't? What if, instead, you were toiling away on the lawn? Not as good a scenario.

    Ah, Spring-a!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, to be alone on a trail in nice weather. That would be a perfect mother's day for this mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice day indeed. I had a good Mom's Day -- far different than any I've had before, but still good.

    How about-a some pics-a of your outing-a, eh, Irish?

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...