29 October 2008

What I Am Is What I Am

A by no means exhaustive list of the Things That I Am....

A guitar of Spanish cypress (with a string missing)
Blue cheese on ciabatta
Loch Ness
Ozone before the thunderstorm
A cast iron Dutch oven (used over a campfire)
Calla lilies
A peat fire just inside the door
Sentry outside the garden gate
Farm dog
Mortadella with provolone, toasted, with hots
Flowers in a box, Easy Street, Nantucket
The last cool day before full winter
That chord I never learned how to play
Sky, Earth, Water, Air
The taste of iron and salt
Too many stations playing at once
A wee dram of single malt
The drone of an airplane on a summer day
Poet without portfolio
Timid for no good reason, sometimes
Skip tracer wannabe
A monk who likes beer
Realist in a harsh Universe
Funny man up against the wall
Running
The next to last tomato picked in the fall
Novel in search of that last chapter
Waves breaking on the rocks
A worn bronze handrail on granite steps
The highest point on South Georgia Island
A jaguar who wants to take a nap
World-class bagpiper (in my mind)
DJ with an infinite playlist
Prayer flag fraying in the wind

Unusual manifestation of my ancestors intentions
Blast furnace
Cornbread

---

The better question perhaps: Am I the bowl or the gumbo?

1 comment:

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...