30 December 2010

I Don't Want to Do This Alone

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it
The wind blows hard outside, snow powder swirling around the eaves and across the porch.  There is no music tonight, a conscious decision to take a breather, let the gray matter cool off.  In the gaps between gusts, the rasp of leaves and ice strikes up the band with the tick and murmur of the radiators.  I knew this would happen, helped along by a finger of Bushmills Black Bush, and I give myself up to the music playing in my head.

And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And magnificently we will flow into the mystic
I get it, Van.  I really do.  I mouth the words as I can remember hearing them on the radio and live by other people, and it puts another crack in the stone of my heart.  A duet needs two, and there is only me.

Lyrics from "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison.  In case you really did not know.
---------
P.S.: In a nice turn of events, I was published in Indie Ink today!  Please visit and drop some love!

6 comments:

  1. Patience, grasshopper. Meantime, nobody does it like Van Morrison. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. I felt like that in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Fragrant Liar. It's gonna take time and healing. Rock on, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you need to dig deeper with some Van songs to get to the right place.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. from Leonard Cohen, "There is a crack, a crack in everything -- that's how the Light gets in."

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, why is indoor heat all radiated back East? Over here, we have forced air in most houses, but in every house I've been in (New York and New Jersey) over there, it's been radiators as you describe. More efficient? Aesthetic? Hmm.

    Congrats on the Indie Ink publish! Heading over to comment. :D

    p.s., hang in there, bro...

    ReplyDelete

"Let your laws come undone
Don't suffer your crimes
Let the love in your heart take control..."


-'The Hair Song', by Black Mountain

Tell me what is in your heart...